%sPageTitle = "TeacherZone: Making light of sleep"%>
Question Sheet: Making light of sleep
- Give an example of a sleep problem.
- What might sunshine have to do with sleep?
- What about sleep begins to change around puberty?
- Why is staying up late and getting up late bad?
- What can help reset someones biological clock?
- Why did scientists put orange goggles on some students at Smith Middle School? What were the orange goggles supposed to do?
- What happened to the students who wore the goggles? What does this suggest about morning light?
- What does Dr. Green recommend doing each day?
- What are the connections among sleep, the biological clock and light?
- What is melatonin and why is it important?
- How is an off-kilter sleep cycle similar to having jet lag?
- Research news articles about people recently suggesting that high school schedules, such as the time of day school begins, should change. What are some reasons people think this?
- Find out about another scientific study that investigates sleep and describe how the experiment works.
Back to TeacherZone home page.