%sPageTitle = "TeacherZone: Mercury's magnetic twisters"%>
Question Sheet: Mercury's magnetic twisters
- What is Mercury? Where is it?
- What would a planet need in order to have tornadoes?
- How might it be possible to see Mercury up close?
- How is Mercurys atmosphere different from Earths?
- When did scientists first realize Mercury has a magnetic field? How is it different from Earths?
- What is the solar wind?
- What do the Northern Lights on Earth have to do with the solar wind?
- What do the researchers think happen when the solar wind hits Mercurys atmosphere?
- How might this interaction create Mercurys strange atmosphere? What is the atmosphere made of?
- Why might Mercurys atmosphere appear to move?
- What do researchers need to do differently now in how they collect data about the planet?
- Why doesnt the solar wind affect Earth the same way it affects Mercury?
How was the solar wind discovered?
here else does plasma exist?
Back to TeacherZone home page.